Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!

So I thought I would be festive today and write in orange even though I´m sure it is going to look funky on my background.

Back to Halloween... I hope you all are having a fantastic day and that you eat lots of candy! Things here are actually pretty festive for All Saints Day, which is tomorrow. We don´t have classes or anything! But, the holiday tomorrow is very different from Halloween. We don´t get candy at all really, and there is much more meaning to All Saints Day. At least we get some dulces... my host mom (who thinks she is fat and never keeps anything sweet around the house) even baked some delicious little cookies and things! I´m not quite sure what I´ll be doing for my 4 day weekend... I thought about traveling, but tickets to anywhere are about two or three times as expensive this weekend than any other weekend. AND, I have midterms next week, unfortunately. So, I´ll probably just hang around here joining in on some of the festivities while taking advantage of all the time to study.

Meanwhile, there isn´t much else going on here right now. It is getting colder, but I´m sure it isn´t as cold as it is in Indiana. It´s weird to me, though, that I just can´t seem to get warm here! Every day it seems like I just go from class to class and shiver... it doesn´t even matter what shirt I wear anymore because my coat never comes off, so nobody sees it! Anywho, that´s pretty much all the excitement I have for you today. I´ll have better stories later.

And in response to some of your comments... to Nick, no, I already paid $100 and took two trips to Chicago to get my visa, the 5 euros here are to pay for the student card that they are giving me... it´s been a pretty long process that started in the beginning of July and is just now being completed, YAY!! And good luck with your French... if you decide to follow her back to France, let me know and maybe I can come meet you there!! Tanasha... yes, the leaves do change colors here too, kind of. There aren´t really too many trees for me to appreciate the changing of colors since I am in the city. This past weekend when we went up to the northern part of Spain, I saw the most green I´ve seen since leaving Noblesville! I´ll try to post pictures soon. Mike - I love you too, my lil´ bro. I am so proud of you. And to Laura: the Catalan isn´t really too difficult, but I´ve unfortunately picked up the habit of starting to pronounce some of my Spanish words the catalan way... But I will gladly teach you what I know when we get back. Btw, hows the smoking and dancing coming along?
Okay, that´s all for now. Bye!

No comments: