Monday, December 3, 2007

Campus Store

So I got an email from someone who works in the campus bookstore.

Hi
This is matt from the campus store. You all have packages that have been sitting over here for a while. We wound appreciate it if you would come and check your boxes and if there is no card in there then come ask someone in the campus store.
thanks, matt

Yeah. Did I mention that I am studying abroad this year?!? Oh, and did they somehow lose the forward-my-mail-home form that I filled out before leaving the country?!? The email was sent to me and about 4 others. One of the others, I noticed, had been kicked out of school last year... which might explain why he, too, has not been in to pick up his package recently. I kindly sent an email back explaining why I have not been in to check my mail this semester, and reminding them that my mail should be sent to my house because some of it could be important. Strange thing is that I haven´t gotten an email back saying thank you for reminding us or anything. Oh well.

Other than that, life here is pretty normal. Today is Monday, which means I have two more days of class this week and then three days of finals next week. We are pretty much just finishing up everything these last few days in each class. I am excited and not so excited about the semester ending. I´m ready for the classes to be over, but the end of finals also means that everyone that is here this semester is leaving. I think I may see some of the people again, but the majority of them I probably won´t, which is sort of sad. I guess that is one thing that I´ve never learned to accept in my life... that you make friends wherever you are but that they don´t all stick with you for life. The mixing of year and semester students in the Spring will be very interesting as well.

Okay, onto other things. I have continued my list of foods that I really miss and have been craving recently. The newest addition is my mom´s hamburgers, cole slaw, and maccaroni casserole. Mmmmm.... yummy. Though my mom thinks I will be a much healthier eater after this year of very few sweets, lots of yogurt, fruits and veggies, I think I might prove her wrong within a week of being home. Meanwhile, we have some really delicious pears in our house right now, and that is enough to make me shuffle out of bed every morning and start my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait wait wait. There was a form?