Thursday, November 29, 2007

Rudolph the Red Nosed Melissa

I´m pretty sure my host parents, the directors of BCA, all of the BCA students, and all of my professors think that I am chronically ill. Once again I have a cold or sinus problems or whatever... I am all stuffy and my nose won´t stop running. I can´t keep myself from sneezing, and I have a red rash under my nose from blowing it all the time. Yep, it is very pleasant. The weird thing is that I don´t really get that sick at home.. I mean, I had that really bad sinus infection last spring, but that is about it. Normally I´ll get sinus problems every once in a while, but I take psuedophedrine and everything is all better within a few hours. Here, nope, not the case. Maybe it is the constantly changing temperatures or maybe it is being at a different altitude or by the water or I have no idea... Oh well, you can all picture my red nose, which I know will make you happy, because at least I am in the spirit of Christmas, right?! Just call me Rudolph from now on.

In other news, I now only have 3 days of class left for the semester and then 3 days of exams. Next Thursday is a holiday, so we only have classes Monday through Wednesday, and then the following week I have one final on Monday, three on Tuesday, and one on Wednesday. I can´t believe that the semester is actually almost over for real! Now I just have to finish booking all my flights and hostels for January and I´ll be all set.. :-)

I also got a letter from my dad today, which made me the happiest person alive! You can picture me sitting in my room with my red nose and a tissue catching all the snot and tears coming down from my face while reading the letter. Yes, I know, such a cute picture, isn´t it?! But, for real, my dad hates talking on the phone, so he told me he would try and write me letters while I am here... and he finally did. He is super sweet... for those of you that know my dad, he is pretty quiet, but you would never know it when reading a letter from him. He even put "Dodia" on the return address of the envelope (which is a name I made up for him a long time ago, for those of you who didn´t know)!!!! Yeah, it pretty much made my entire day.

Okay, I already skipped my 10 AM class this morning because my head hurt, but I think I´m going to go back home and lay down now. Rest should make me feel better, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your dad... I hope you get better! If it makes you feel any better, I am sick with you right now! ;-D Love you!

laura christine said...

i like this method of communication.
and i like your last blog.
nope. i'm not going home for christmas or new years so don't think yourself odd. I don't know anyone here who is. My parents are coming to visit on the 28th and then leaving on the 9th of January. I think anna and I are spending christmas in a tent and new years in Cuenca.
you?